Friday, November 9, 2007

Pollo Latino - Fells Point

Pollo Latino - 401 S. Broadway Fells Point
Baltimore, MD (410) 276-3660

Rating: 3 1/2 stars

Speed: **** Service: *** Overall look: *** Food: ****

Ok... Here is my little review/promotion for my 'go to' restaurant Pollo Latino. Many times I have wondered what to eat in Fells Point. I'm constantly struggling between price and quality. Basically I'm always broke. So either dish out more money for quality food or each cheap crap off the street. When ever I'm in doubt there is one place that I always go. Pollo Latino. They just opened up this January and their business seems to be doing well. And rightly so. They specialize in Peruvian rottiserie style chicken. If you've never had this style of chicken then I suggest you look one up in your area. Seems that where every you have a large gathering of latinos or hispanics there is at least one Peruvian chicken joint. The chicken is slow turned over fire and seasoned with what I call the 'special spices'. Special they are.... so special I have no idea what they are but they make the chicken so much better than the stuff you buy at Safeway or make at home in your rotisserie. The sides they offer are also great : Fries, Fried Yuca, Seasoned Rice and Salad. The salad is a plain salad but I always seem to get it with fries.

Here's the best part. The special is One Quarter Chicken w/ choice of two sides and a soda for only $4.99. You can't beat that. You can spend $5 at McDonalds and get a McMurmur or you can get some quality authentic peruvian for the same price. Oh.. and they LOAD up on the sides. So much food, so good, for so little. I highly suggest you try this place out.

No comments: