Saturday, November 10, 2007

First of many.

Ok... here is the first of many chess games that I am going to publish to this blog. I am still an 'amateur' but all my friends think I'm the chess expert, especially the ones the don't play chess. Funny though, my goal is to acheive the Expert title. Its gonna be difficult since I'm just a hobbyist but as a lifetime goal I believe it is do-able.

The game below is from Gameknot.com . They have their own viewer but unfortunately it doesn't work in for this site. The game is from a mini tournament that I started with the theme being the 'Nimzovich Defense'. It is a hypermodern opening and I am quite fond of these openings. The main idea being that you control the center of the board with outside pieces instead of actually occupying the center. I could dig deeper into it but do not want to bore you. (if I haven't already) Play through the game and see what you think. I made a bunch of mistakes but he made more. I am 'Boogaloo' and am playing as black. Enjoy!






Whoa... that thing is kinda bright. I'm gonna find a way to switch up that background.

No comments: