Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Chigorin Defense


Although I'm researching Gambit lines right now I've decided to keep with my 'uncommon' approach to openings and start studying the Chigorin (1.d4 d5 2.c4 Nc6). After my loss to J.Martinez (2012), I've felt that a need for a more solid defense with black is needed. Of course I could study standard Queen's Gambit Declined/Accepted Lines or the Nimzo-Indian but I try to follow the road less traveled. Sticking with my old stand by, 'All warfare is based on Deception.' My first choice to battle 1.d4 was the Dutch Defence, as it is reliable up to 2200 players and definitely is not standard movement. Unfortunately, I got dissed by a book seller on Amazon and have yet to receive the book. I have instead decided to study the Chigorin since I already have the book, it throws people off, and I believe former world champion Kramnik uses it frequently. I look forward to studying this opening and using it in the future.

No comments: