Saturday, May 3, 2008

Baltimore Roller Derby 5.3.08





I'm a bit late for this post but wanted to share my experiences at the recent Roller Derby in Canton, Baltimore. A friend of mine at work told about it and although she didn't make it out, I went with my Blabes and my roommate. We had a blast. The beer was $3 a pop and the Roller Derby was fantastic. I used to watch the professionals do it late night (3am) on the sports channel. Although this league wasn't as professional as those girls there was still a lot of elbow throwing and body slamming! The rules are crazy, each team has to play offense and defense at the same time, each team has one point scorer a piece, the point scorer has to loop the track once and all opposing members she passes on the second loop count as one point a piece. I'd go more into it but it took me 30 mins just to figure it out myself. The Mobtown Mods won for the second year in a row and they were fantastic. I'm glad I checked it out and it made a wonderful Saturday evening out. There is boxing Friday the 16th and I might check that out as well.







No comments: