Friday, December 28, 2007

A couple of pawn mates.



Since focusing solely on tactics I have had some wonderful games of chess at gameknot. I've had some excellent wins in the craziest of ways. Last night I can truly say that I dished out my first draw in a lost position. I was down two minor pieces, in a bad position, and somehow found a perpetual check. I will post that pic later. The Chess Tactics Server gets all the credit. Seems like most of the lasts posts have involved the CTS but it deserves it. Above and below you'll see two blitz games where I mated with a pawn. I've always seen games with a pawn mate but was unable to do it myself.

In the Dec issue of Chess Life for Kids I saw a small quote.

Strategy = Position = Tactics

I think this is an excellent little idea to remember. I'm constantly finding myself setting up my pieces in good positions and then 'finding' interesting tactics.

No comments: